Friday 3 September 2010

An Explanation

Ok, so I've not blogged in over a month. This was because I went on holiday for two weeks to beautiful Cornwall, but my laptop didn't connect to the internet where we stayed properly so I only managed to get online twice. Then when we came back, my laptop started 'not responding' to anything (don't you hate it when that happens?) so after a while he had to go to the laptop-doctor to get better. And he is still there. So now I am borrowing my Dad's.

But enough of that, I have so much going on in my life now! I’m starting Sixth Form on Monday, I went to Nottingham to see my grandparents last weekend, and obviously I had my holiday in Cornwall. It was absolutely fabulous! There was a small complex of villas outside a hotel, with an outdoor pool in the middle of the patio-type-thing outside the villas. This pool I went in almost every day, apart from one day when my family and I went to a theme park for the day, but I think the log flume counts too!
And then I was ill the second week, so had to nestle in my bed or on the duvet-covered-settee in the villa groaning about spoiling everybody's holiday, so didn't go in the pool for a couple of days then. Now the origin of this mysterious illness is one I debated heavily with myself, before finally realising that I had dropped a really big chip on the floor in Looe (it's a town in Cornwall, not a WC) and, obeying the three second rule (which has always sufficed before), picked it up and eaten it. I wasn't going to let it go to waste was I? Anyway, the next day I started feeling, shall we say, not quite myself. But I'm alright now, and it really was a nice chip.

And now all I can hear is my seven-year-old brother crashing around in his bedroom. I honestly think in future he is going to be one of those men who drives the crane with the massive wrecking ball on, demolishing buildings and crushing cars. Luckily right now he's just playing with some magnetic darts, about fifty metal ball bearings and an empty biscuit tin. Oh, to be young again!

Anyway, that's all for now folks! And yes, I am perfectly aware that I sound like somebody from the Looney Tunes. But seriously, that is all.

For now.

1 comment: