Monday 6 September 2010

It's Like I've Never Been Away...

So here I am, back at school, in Sixth Form for the first time. And it's already tense on the friendship scene. Seriously, couldn't they save it for at least the second day back?
However, that aside, I am very happy to be back! We get a longer lunch on a Monday (today!), get to go off site at lunchtimes, have study periods, less subjects, a Sixth Form common room and don't have to wear uniform either.
The problem with the last one is every day you have to decide what to wear! And even that isn't as simple as it may sound, oh no, you don't only have to pick out co-ordinating top and bottoms, but also have to pick a matching jacket/coat, shoes (which have to be practical with the day's weather) and a bag too! Of course, me being me, I have a huge array of bags to choose from (which recently has had four new additions: dark denim, light blue/grey over-body, a beige lots-of-pockets over-body, and a brown one which I am using today), but it is still very difficult to decide your outfit! I was laying awake last night worrying intensely about it, so even though I had told myself I would sort it out in the morning I got up and started to race around my room in my pyjamas pulling things out of wardrobes and throwing them like confetti onto my bed and talking to myself about matching colours and waterproof-or-not shoes like an insane person, until I finally decided on a weather-approved practical outfit that obeyed the not-too-strict dress code, and then collapsed into my bed and went straight to sleep.
Also, I now have no blazer, so therefore no pockets with which to stuff all of my rubbish that I own such as keys, phone, earphones, bus pass and all that jazz. So my handbags are required to be larger with more pockets...

Anyway, moving on from that, I am having a super time and am especially happy having seen the guy I like again after ages of not seeing him, and him being dressed in a suit made it all the more enjoyable.

Signing off now though, I don't have much left of lunchtime. A quick hello to Janet (she's my mum's friend and I showed her my blog when we visited her on Saturday): Hello Janet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment