Sunday 3 October 2010

Panto Occurences

Hello all!!

Just a few new things to note in my life...

I've recently got the part of Aladdin in the village pantomime (personally I think it's my short hair that landed me the role, but maybe my acting ability contributed too). It is rather good, as there aren't as many lines as I would have thought, but again I have to marry a girl. It is getting a bit of a habit with me. Last time I played Maid Marian in Robin Hood, and Robin was played by a girl. It's just one of those things.

I was discussing this with my friends on the way back from the bus stop after school (we call ourselves The Bus Crew because we all go on the same school bus and have quite a few laughs doing it) the marriage to Holly (the girl who plays Jasmine) as her mum walked by. I said, perfectly innocently, "there's my future mother in law". The girls then started to laugh and mention something about homosexuality, causing me to state quite loudly (and right outside the village church may I add) that "Just because I'm marrying a girl doesn't mean I'm a LESBIAN!". Unfortunately, as I said this, an elderly woman drove past in her rattling old tin-can car with her window down. Needless to say, she looked rather shocked.
But I love the village panto. This year, all of The Bus Crew bar two are in it, so we will all have much fun and most likely reform the "Panto Crew" of two years ago (the last panto, it's far too much work to be annual). Last time, larking about with some sticks from the tree outside, somebody broke the cupboard in the old kitchen (by accident) in the back room while mucking about during rehearsals, and this was the subject of much amusement for quite some time afterwards. In fact, I filmed the episode, and you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Q15vY3hzQ

I just would like to point out that the kitchen was being moved from where it was in the village hall to another part of the building at that time, so the cupboard in question was going to be scrapped anyway, otherwise we wouldn't have done it.

Not that we meant to either. It was all a huge mistake, as the video footage will prove.

Oh gosh I've wrote loads!!! I wasn't planning on this. Oh well, I'll write soon with more details of my mental life.

No comments:

Post a Comment