Friday 30 July 2010

Just Starting Out

So, guess what? I'm starting a blog. That's right, I have finally got round to adding this site to the ever growing and rather large list of sites I am signed up for. But I have a positive attitude to this one. I am writing a book, so thought blogging would be a good way to add to my writing experience, as well as telling everyone about my weird and wacky life.

So currently, I am witnessing how much emotional turmoil people go through when preparing for a holiday! It's ridiculous! Excuse me while I go and let my cat in! My cat is called Rolo, and is fat and grumpy, but I love him more than anything in the whole world. Even more than my human family. He runs like a badger, walks on fences as well as a badger, and is roughly built like a badger, so you can probably see why I think he is part badger.
My other cat, Wispa, is a fluffy little thing my family and I like to call Squizzer. Why is this you may ask? Because her tail is so bushy you could lose a barbeque in there. She often walk around with it sticking up in the air, not so much different from a submarine's periscope only far hairier. So they are my resident animals, unless you count my little seven year old brother, which I sometimes do.

So where was I? Oh yes, holiday panicking. Washing, tumble drying and ironing is worried over more than usual, and lists of things to do, things to pack and things to tape on the Sky+ Box go flying about like those little bits of paper they throw down on the final of the X Factor. Not to mention packing. Well, I was sensible, got everything I could packed at once a few days beforehand, then ticked them off on my pre-made laser-printed colour-coded list (I only have one list, mwhaha!) and then washed/ironed what was left. Also doing this makes you aware of what you need to buy before the holiday, as well as what library books need renewing, so a quick trip into town for shaving foam and renewing chunks of bound paper. All sorted, Zoe is a genius!

I have to go and help get the dinner ready now, so speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment